Fire destroys Fluvanna house near Scottsville

The daughter and granddaughter, who were in a back bedroom, went into the basement and got the grandfather out, then came around the house to get to a vehicle, according to Brent. The heat from the fire was so great that they sustained first and second degree burns as they went around the house to the car, according to Brent. The family fled to a nearby home. The grandfather was transported to a local hospital for treatment of his injuries; the daughter and granddaughter did not immediately require medical attention.

“We were dispatched this morning at about 2:50 a.m. for a structure fire called in by a passerby,” said Brent. Firefighters from Scottsville arrived at the scene approximately nine minutes later and found a fully involved structure fire. “At first we were not sure the residents had gotten out,” said Brent.

Scottsville Chief Mike Grandstaff, the first to arrive at the scene, said the fire had already broken through the roof.

Fire companies from Scottsville, Fork Union, Palmyra, Lake Monticello and Kents Store worked to extinguish the blaze. So many companies were needed to provide water to battle the fire.

The fire was an accident, likely caused by an electrical problem in the house, said Brent.

Related Posts

dewi88 cuanslot dragon77 cuan138 enterslots rajacuan megahoki88 ajaib88 warung168 fit188 pusatwin pusatwin slot tambang88 mahkota88 slot99 emas138