Lake fire began in kitchen

By Heather MicHon

The fire that ripped through a Lake Monticello home on July 4 started in the kitchen, according to a report released by Lake Monticello Volunteer Fire & Rescue Chief Richard Constantino.

Lake Monticello, Palmyra, and Fork Union fire companies were dispatched to 21 Jefferson Drive at 12:56 p.m. to find much of the first floor in flames and fire moving into the second floor and attic.

Firefighters conducted a search for trapped victims while crews set up water lines and “other personnel opened ceilings and walls on the first and second flood to gain access to the fire areas for fire suppression,” Constantino said.

A large section of the roof began to sag, at which point “all personnel were ordered outside the structure” for their safety. Crews working from ladder trucks extinguished the remainder of the fire. 

The homeowner suffered an apparent asthma attack and was transported to UVA Medical Center by the Fluvanna Rescue Squad. 

Related Posts

dewi88 cuanslot dragon77 cuan138 enterslots rajacuan megahoki88 ajaib88 warung168 fit188 pusatwin pusatwin slot tambang88 mahkota88 slot99 emas138